In "Working With an Expert Witness: The Seven Deadly Sins," by Gabrielle Bonne, you'll find seven important "don'ts" for working with expert witnesses--
- Don't wait until the last minute;
- Don't hire the first person who tells you what you want to hear;
- Don't go bargain basement;
- Don't provide inadequate information;
- Don't ask your expert to back up your own crazy theories;
- Don't ignore differences between legal stipulation and scientific truth;
- Don't ask your expert to act unethically.
For other tips, see the "experts" category on this weblog.