An article titled "What court reporters want" from the Illinois Bar Journal contains these tips from reporter Andrea Trippi Else--
- Fax the case caption to the court reporter in advance of the deposition;
- When you arrive at the deposition, give the reporter a business card with a notation as to which party you represent;
- Speak slowly and clearly, especially when reading from a document, when your natural tendency is to speed up;
- Make an extra set of exhibit copies for the reporter;
- Don't speak over others, and advise the deponent to do the same;
- Don't cheat the reporter by providing a copy of the transcript to your opponent in exchange for splitting the costs.
The full article appears in the October issue of the Illinois Bar Journal on page 514. ISBA members can find it here.